Environmental Data Archive - User Guide
1. User account: Allows user to manage his user account and preferences, you must be logged in to download data.
2. Context menu: Gives access to information on the Web application, data sources and partners.
Data selection showed in the display area (3 to 8)
3. Parameters: Section which allows selecting data source and the search type that will be use:
- Data centers: Different data sources are available, it is possible to display them separately or simultaneously.
- Search by: Allows you to choose the type of search that is desired, either by A. data type or by B. sampling mission, which refines other subsequent menus in the application.
A. Search by data type
4. Data type: Section that allows you to filter which data will be displayed according to hierarchical filters: environment and thematic. Depending on the choices made, available variables are adjusted in the menu. It is possible to select all the available variables or only those desired.
5. Period: Allows to precise the search period and the data that will be displayed. The multiannual parameter allows to search seasonally (month-day of the beginning to month-day of the end) for the included years of the period.
e.g.: from 1995-06-01 to 2010-07-30, data of June and July of 1995 to 2010 will be displayed.
6. Elevation: Allows to select an elevation (or a depth in case of aquatic data). Elevation need to be indicated in positive numbers.
7. Area: Allows to select a predefined area of the St. Lawrence (gulf, estuary, river, Great Lakes) using the drop down menu or to create a personalized area with the control icons to defined an area of interest on the map:
- Polygon tool
- Rectangle tool
- Erase area
B. Search by mission
8. Mission: Section that allows you to search datasets from a specific mission by its name and associated thematic. Two formats of files are available: CSV or ODF.
9. Mission’s information: By clicking on the “i“, description of the selected mission in the drop down menu appears.
10. Search and reset: Allows to start research of data once the parameters have been chosen for each filter or to reset all filters to perform a new search.
11. Datasets: Specifies the number of datasets displayed according to the research.
12. Download all: Allows downloading all the datasets displayed on the screen.
13. Information: By clicking on a point, information about this dataset is displayed.
14. Dataset selection: In the case where multiple datasets are associated with the same point, the drop down menu allows to choose the desired dataset.
15. Download: Allows downloading only the selected dataset.
16. Legend: Specifies the type of coverage of the dataset and information about the type of download:
- Allowed: the data can be downloaded when the user is connected; the data is sent by e-mail.
- Privilege required: when the download is requested, an email box opens and the user must send this email to make a direct request for access to the data providers.