Biodiversity - User Guide
- Map display
- Extract and Download
- Reset filters
- Displayed data
- Species group
- Sampling method
- Species origin
- Tools for exploration and selection in the map display
- User account
- Context menu
- Station data
- Additional data
Data visualization modes: Allows you to view data in different visualization mode. The default display is in map mode and shows the data for all the species.
1. Map display: Displays into a grid the available data according to the choices made with the filters. The colors of the cells or circles are related to the value of the selected parameter (see legend in the information box on the right-hand side). Clicking on a cell allows visualizing, in the information box, details about data within that cell.
2. Table: The tabular representation displays all data selected with the filters in a table. It is possible to add or subtract the parameters to be displayed in the table and so customize it. The data display order can be sorted by clicking the column header. In addition, the table displays 100 data on each page; it is possible to navigate between pages using the arrows at the bottom of the table.
A. Data from one station: If the data is related to a fix station (recurrent measures at the same place), there is a green chart icon. By selecting the icon, the chart of the time series will be displayed for that station.
B. Limited data: When a black icon is present, it is possible to make a request to the manager of the database to have full access to the available data.
C. Additional data: When a green icon is present, you can view additional data associated with the database.
3. Chart: Displays a time series of the data in a chart mode.
A. Menu : Allows you to change the graphical display according to the selected parameter.
B. Data information: When dragging the mouse over the chart, an information box appears over the selected data showing its values.
C. Legend and data display: When more than one data are displayed, you can select/unselect them by clicking with the mouse on the desired item in the legend below the chart.
D. Time interval: The chart can be displayed for all the time series or for a specific time interval: day, week, month or year. The time interval can also be manually adjusted by dragging the cursor below the chart.
5. Reset filters: Allows the user to reset the filters.
6. Displayed data: Displays the number of filtered data.
7. Search: Field allowing to find and to easily select an item from the filters.
Filtres sections (8-9-10-11-12-13-14): Sections allowing to filter the data displayed in each visualization mode. Selecting an item also has the effect of refining the choices available in all other filters.
8. Period: Allows selecting the desired period. The latter depends on the species group selected, but also on the collection.
9. Species group: Allows filtering the display with one or many species group. If no species group is selected, all data are displayed.
10. Species: Allows selecting one or many species.
11. Sampling method: Allows selecting one or many sampling method.
12. Institution: Allows selecting one or many data providers.
13. Collection: Allows selecting one or many data collections.
14. Species origin: Where a species originates (Native, Introduced (Exotic), Naturalised Introduced, Invasive Introduced, Harvested Introduced, Uncertain)
15. Tools for exploration and selection in the map display:
A. Allows to set bound to fit all markers.
B. Allows to move the map.
C. Allows to define a spatial filter by drawing a custom area which selects the underlying data.
D. Remove spatial filter.
16. User account: Allows the user who has access rights to limited data to log in.
17. Network: Allows sharing the current page via social networks or by email.
18. Settings: Allows changing languages.
19. Context menu: Gives access to information on the Web application, data sources and partners.
20. Occurence: Displays information and data according to the selected cell. (MAP view only).
21. Summary: Displays the summary of the selected cell.
22. Navigate: Allows to scroll information for each observation found within the selection.
23. Station data *: When there is a green icon, it is possible to display a time series of the data in a chart mode depending on the selected parameters.
24. Additional data *: When a green icon is present, you can view additional data associated with the database.
*Note that these items are not always available depending on collection
25. Display (MAP view only):
A. Allows selecting a parameter from the following list:
- Survey count
- Individual count
- Weight (kg)
B. Specifies the number of displayed data/number of filtered data, this number varies with the selected parameter in A.
C. Shows the legend according to the selected setting.