Aquatic invasive species
The Atlantic AIS monitoring program has detected nine species, including 7 tunicates, one bryozoan and one crustacean. Although many of these species are not yet established in the Quebec region and have not yet been observed, many are at our doorstep. The nine marine invasive species detected in the Atlantic monitoring program are:
- Golden star tunicate* (Botryllus schlosseri);
- Violet tunicate* (Botrylloides violaceus);
- Vase tunicate* (Ciona intestinalis);
- Clubbed tunicate (Styela clava);
- European sea squirt (Ascidiella aspersa);
- Compound sea squirt (Diplosoma listerianum);
- Pancake batter tunicate (Didemnum vexillum);
- Coffin box* (Membranipora membranacea);
- Japanese skeleton shrimp* (Caprella mutica).
* Species detected at least once in Quebec by program monitoring
For more information on AIS.
This data dissemination project was undertaken with the financial support of: